Estimator is responsible for completing detailed and accurate take-offs and proposals for High End, Custom Millwork. This position requires you to analyze blueprints and specifications to generate detailed scopes of work and translate those into estimates. The Estimator will work closely with Sales, the Estimating Department, Project Management, and the Executive Team to produce detailed proposals.
- Analyze drawings and specifications, material use and selections, scope of work, and perform quantity take-offs.
- Combine all material, production, shipping, and other associated costs to calculate a final proposed bid price for the customer.
- Communicate with customers regarding RFI’s and clarifications.
- Upon bid acceptance, attend required handoff meetings to ensure efficient and complete transfer of information.
- Review offers and quotes by vendors according to requirements to determine the most beneficial alternative.
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, etc.)
- Communicates Effectively – Creates open communication channels, adapts message to fit the audience, expresses ideas clearly and concisely, keeps others well informed, and listens carefully to input and feedback.
- Product/Job Knowledge – Demonstrates a high knowledge of job, products, services, and procedures. Has a high job knowledge and understanding of systems, processes, etc.
- Drives Quality – Work is correct and error-free within company policies and guidelines, checks quality and correct quality errors and processes, and is passionate about ensuring that customers receive a quality and accurate product.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Wood Technology, or related 5+ years’ experience estimating millwork projects.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet software. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Paperwork management of the submittal process, including review of the architectural drawings, drafted shop drawings, layout conflicts through the RFI process, appliance/equipment coordination, and mockup samples.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities as well as the ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines.