This position requires a strong level of knowledge in the Drafting process. Responsible for working with Project Teams to develop shop drawings, submittals, redlines, and releases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare initial layout of drawing pages, including project information and key plans per area.
- Develop detailed shop drawings and submittal packages for millwork, cabinetry, and panel products using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete submittal packages and shop drawings, performing material and hardware research as well as site information as necessary.
- Develop detailed drawings, specifications, and quantities for material, hardware, and buyout orders.
- Work with Project Teams in establishing and evaluating design concepts, requisitioning material, generating material lists, calculating material requirements for LEED documentation, meeting AWI/QCP certification requirements.
- Evaluate feasibility of designs, based on factors such as technical feasibility, function, budget, and production costs/methods.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- May perform the responsibilities of Engineer 1 and other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Applies design principals; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving.
- Teamwork – Ability to effectively work in a team environment, maintain professional demeanor, and demonstrate respect for all employees.
- Ability to take/follow verbal directives, written instructions, job specifications and drawings.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, maintain focus, and follow through in completing work tasks.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency and complete assigned tasks within deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
- One (1) to two (2) year certificate from college or technical school; or two (2) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Email & Calendar software – MS Outlook
- Internet software – Windows/Internet Explorer
- Spreadsheet software – MS Excel
- Word Processing software – MS Word
- Design software – AutoCad, On Screen Takeoff
- Manufacturing, Scheduling and Inventory software
Language & Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.