The Cabinet Maker is responsible for knowledge in specific areas of production work utilizing woodwork machinery, tools, and assembly techniques. They have a good level of competency for assembly work and require some supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate records of daily production hours, including correct number of hours, project number, and work order number; Ability to use time tracking computers.
- Clean and maintain products, machines, and work areas for cleanliness, equipment maintenance, and organization.
- Read and follow production cutlists, work orders, and shop travelers.
- Read blueprints and written specifications.
- Ability to make cut lists.
- Follow Work Orders and directives to determine the specifications of articles to be cut and assembled, utilizing blueprints, cutlists, and/or instructions as support.
- Set up and operate machines and equipment to cut, mold, and shape wood and wood products.
- Cut wood and wood products to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a proper assembly.
- Verify dimensions, and check the quality and fit of pieces in order to ensure adherence to specifications, using templates and measuring devices.
- Match materials for color, grain, texture, and other features of wood and wood components.
- Install hardware such as hinges, handles, catches, and drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Attach parts and subassemblies together to form completed units.
- Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels, by hand or using boring machines.
- Machine and assemble jambs, doors, and casings.
- Apply formica, vinyl and other surfacing materials to panels and cabinets.
- Perform final touch-ups with scrapers or sandpaper to prepare articles for finishing.
- Utilize precision measuring tools (i.e. tape measure, caliper, mm, inch, etc.) for setting up machines, cutting and assembling products.
- May perform the responsibilities of Cabinet Maker 1 and other duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving.
- Teamwork – Ability to effectively work in a team environment, including ability to take/follow directives, maintain professional demeanor, and demonstrate respect for all employees.
- Ability to match materials for color, grain, texture, knots and other features; Good hardwood, veneer, and panel knowledge.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, maintain focus, and follow through in completing work tasks.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or technical school degree/certificate preferred; greater than three (3) years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Woodworking and prior work with experienced woodwork employees.