Gaylord Texan ResortCoordinating the interior millwork for this world class hotel and convention center with an aggressive schedule was a Texas-sized job. Plain sliced Red Oak, Plain Slicked Hickory and Plain Sliced Cypress are found throughout the facility. To meet local fire codes, the Main Entry Ceiling was changed to Cypress. The process of milling, treating, and drying the materials, spanned several months. Detailed coordination with the General Contractor and other trades allowed for a seamless interface in this showcase property in Texas.
- Project: Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center
- Location: Grapevine, Texas
- Architect: Hnedak Bobo Group
- Designer: Wilson Associates
- Contractor: Centex Corporation